Saturday, June 19, 2010

Back From Vacation

I'm back in town after a few nights in the Pigeon Forge, Tennessee area. I absolutely love that place. It's flashy, tacky, overpriced and in my eyes, a little slice of heaven. We vacationed there when I was a kid, Hubby and I got married there, and because of these wonderful memories, it's sort of my "happy place".

I did a lot of outlet mail shopping (Eddie Bauer jeans for $9.99!), ate a lot of ice cream from Ben and Jerry's Scoop Shop and just relaxed. I picked up some salsas and dip mixes from Harry and David and a new Lodge Cast cast iron sautee pan. I guess even when I'm not eating, food is on my mind!

We took some snacks with us so I cashed in my free coupons from Kraft First Taste for the Oscar Mayer ham and the Ritz Crackerfuls. I'd had the ham before but the Ritz product was a new one for me. It was very good, very full of cheese and my picky Hubby really liked them. In fact, he asked me to pick up another box this week. They are individually wrapped so they are very handy to pack along as a snack or lunch box treat.

Now that vacation is over, it's time to get back to the grind of work. Ugh!

No comments: